It sounds like a day without sunshine, but the removal of ceiling popcorn is the real deal. Popcorn ceilings were all the rage 40-50 years ago. They hid imperfections and didn’t require painting. Now it’s a real pain if your mission is to repair cracks and holes in an aging infrastructure.
Here are some of the steps that must be taken to remove popcorn ceiling –
1. Scrape a small area of the ceiling.
2. Definitely test for asbestos!
3. Cover everything in anticipation of a big mess.
4. Remove ceiling fixtures and fans.
5. Wet the ceiling with a pump sprayer.
6. Round off the corners of your scraper so it won’t damage the ceiling.
Does that sound like something you want to tackle? Go get ‘em tiger! Reality dictates that you call the popcorn ceiling removal experts in the Dallas area. That’s Home Pro Services. They put the handy in handyman. For any difficult and messy home or office improvement project call Home Pro Services at (214) 886-3326.